I love switching up my hairstyle, from big curls to pin straight locks.
Instead of getting both curling iron and a hair straightener, I figured, why not just get a 2-in-1 hair styler that both curls and straightens hair? And the Tyme Iron Pro fits the bill.
Whether you’re having a voluminous curl, beach waves, or ultra-straight kinda day—this iron does it all, in a fraction of the TYME.
By simply adjusting your wrist, you’ll be able to achieve any look your heart desires, making this a top pick. Gone are the days of straightening first and then curling.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
The Instagram-famous TYME Iron Pro 2-in-1 Hair Curler and Straightener has not only taken social media by storm but the world too.
If you thought the original Tyme iron was awesome, prepare to be blown away by the Tyme Pro.
Two products in one? What’s not to love?
Features At A Glance
|PRODUCT NAME:||TYME Iron Pro 2-in-1 Hair Curler and Straightener|
|SIZES AVAILABLE:||1 inch plate|
|BODY MATERIAL:||Rynite® PET thermoplastic polyester resin|
|AUTO SHUT-OFF:||30 min|
|Colors Available:||Rose Gold, and Obsidian|
The first thing you’ll notice is its ultra-stylish, metallic pink shimmer exterior that simply oozes luxury. It’s also available in black or ‘Obsidian’ as they call it, for those who prefer a simplistic aesthetic.
Regardless of which color you choose, Tyme ticks all the boxes and it’s no surprise that it’s a hit with beauty bloggers and influencers alike.
Made from superior quality materials, it’s designed in such a way that it looks and feels expensive.
Its elegant clean lines and detailing is well thought out and the rose gold embossing on the bottom of the clamp is the proverbial cherry on the cake. It’s a looker and based on its visual appeal alone is worth the money.
Titanium Plate Technology
Forged from high-quality titanium plates, the Tyme Iron Pro is not your average hair iron. With titanium plates, it heats up fast with the heat evenly distributed.
If you’re wondering how the Tyme Pro works, there’s no sorcery involved.
Just loads of techy, sciency stuff that allows you to go from sleek to curl with the flip of your wrist.
Being an ionic metal, titanium produces negative ions that, when heated, moisturizes every strand to give you a frizz-free finish.
Unlike its ceramic and tourmaline counterparts, titanium plates are generally better. They’re less likely to cause damage and more likely to leave your hair glossy, silky, and manageable.
Forget about those hair singeing horrors. Its LED display allows you to monitor temperature at all times, giving you the control you need to avoid damaging your hair.
What’s more, is its intuitive temperature memory feature lets you pick up where you left and memorizes the last heat setting you used.
Complete with a swivel cord, a necessity when manipulating your looks, the Tyme Iron Pro is an all-around winner.
Gone are those moments of panic where you’re stuck in traffic, stressing about whether or not you’ve turned off your hair iron. The automatic shut off feature kicks in should your device remain idle for 30 minutes.
If you still have concerns about the product, don’t fret. Each purchase comes with a free virtual stylist lesson to help you use your hair styling iron safely and correctly. Think of it as your very one go-to personal Tyme coach.
Tyme Iron Heat Settings
With lightning-fast heat up, the TYME Iron pro heats up in a flash going from zero to hot in just 55 seconds.
No matter your hair type, it lets you choose your perfect heat setting according to your specific requirements. Temperature settings start from 300 degrees and go up in 25-degree increments to a maximum of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Good looking, robust, and functional, the Tyme Pro is proving to be a force to be reckoned with in the world of hair care.
What We Like:
- Versatility to Curl, wave and straighten
- Five easy to adjust heat settings
- Temperature memory
- Heats up in 55 seconds
- Complimentary heat sleeve
- A complimentary lesson with a virtual stylist
What We Didn’t Like:
- Not well suited to fine hair
- Can be tricky to use
- Not suitable for short hair
Tyme Iron Pro Alternatives
While revolutionary when it first came out, the Tyme Iron isn’t exactly cheap. But thankfully, there are a few Tyme Iron dupes with similar design and function. If you aren’t exactly sure whether it’s worth the price, you can take your pick at one of these alternatives.
Tyme iron vs Landot
- 💖【Prevent Hair Damage】With anti-static, ceramic, tourmaline ionic and smooth glide coated plates, the...
- 💖【Ions for Healthy Silky Hair】With a built-in ionic generator, the hair straightener releases rich...
- 💖【Hair Straightener and Curler 2-IN-1】Unique twisted plate gives you the freedom to choose With the...
- 💖【Fit for All Hair Types】The Flat iron with 11 variable temperature settings 250-450F and LCD digital...
- 💖【Instant Heating】Fast 30 second heat-up time. Professional length 2.0 m 360° swivel cable. Automatic...
* Prices and Images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on 2023-12-10 at 03:13
Recently, a very similar product has been released at a fraction of the price. The LANDOT Hair Straightener Twist 2-in-1 is supposedly a Tyme dupe.
Although aesthetically similar, Landot doesn’t come close in terms of performance.
Any stylist worth their salt will tell you, you get what you pay for and although Landot looks good, doesn’t provide the same results as the Tyme Iron pro.
Tyme Iron vs Beachwaver
* Prices and Images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on 2023-12-10 at 01:09
The Beachwaver is a good option but fails when it’s stacked up against the Tyme Pro. Although excellent for making curls and waves, the Beachwaver can’t straighten hair.
Compared to the Beachwaver, Tyme Iron Pro provides a two in one solution, and offers great value for money.
Tyme vs CHI Spin N Curl
- 1” Inch Ceramic Rotating Barrel ideal for shoulder-length hair between 6-16” length.
- Includes Pre-set Temperatures: Low 370°F for Fine Hair, Medium 390°F for Medium Hair, High 410°F for Coarse...
- Includes Adjustable Heat-Up Times: 15 seconds for Fine Hair, 17 seconds for Medium Hair, 19 seconds for Coarse...
- Beep Alert / Auto Temperature Lock / 1 Hour Automatic Shut Off for Safety.Clean the surface of Spin n Curl...
- Directional Buttons / Tangle Protection / 9ft. Swivel Cord / Dual Voltage
* Prices and Images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on 2023-12-10 at 03:53
The CHI Spin ‘n Curl is definitely a unique product in terms of styling irons but unfortunately loses sorely when pitted against Tyme.
The Tyme Iron straightens and curls, making it great value for money. CHI, on the other hand, only able to curl and looks cumbersome to use.
Tyme iron vs Lange le reve
* Prices and Images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on 2023-12-10 at 03:13
L’Ange Le Rêve could be a suitable alternative if you’re looking to save money. It’s more affordable than the Tyme Iron Pro and can straighten and curl but, with one major difference.
L’Ange Hair Le Rêve irons have ceramic plates and not titanium – not the best option if you’re looking to minimize damage.
TYME Iron Pro Review – Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use the Tyme iron on wet hair?
Like all other hair irons, don’t be tempted to use the Tyme Iron on wet hair. Flat ironing wet hair can cause irreparable damage and should never be attempted.
Does the Tyme Iron really work?
Traditional flat irons require both tension and heat to create a wave or curl.
Not the best method since the pulling motion, along with excessive heat, can damage your locks and can lead to your curls falling flat before the party even begins.
Tyme Iron Pro curls from top to bottom and smooths your strand as it glides down the length of your hair.
Flash heating lets your hair cool into place faster and in turn, keeps your style in place longer. Gone are days of overheating and pulling hair into place to execute that perfectly windswept look.
Regardless of your hair type or texture, the Tyme Iron Pro can be used on curly hair, wavy, limp, and oily alike. The best part is that you can achieve the look you want with one pass.
How to tell if your Tyme iron is authentic
Looks can be deceiving. If you’re wondering how to tell if Tyme iron is authentic or not, head over to Tyme’s website and check out their real vs. fake image library.
Here are a few pointers to determine whether or not you’re Tyme is a knockoff:
- When comparing an authentic Tyme iron with a counterfeit, you’ll notice immediate differences in visual quality. Tyme knockoffs usually have yellowish gold plates compared to the authentic silver mirror-like titanium plates of the original.
- An authentic Tyme iron heat display is integrated into the barrel on top of the styler and not on the inside of the unit.
Is the Tyme Iron worth it?
In terms of aesthetics, performance, and value for money (especially as you’re getting two products in one,) the Tyme Iron checks all the boxes.
It’s definitely a styling iron that should form part of your daily arsenal.
Hopefully, this TYME Iron Pro review helped you decided whether this iron is right for you. If you got the budget, I’d say go for it.