8 Best Triple Barrel Curling Iron: Our Top Picks
Whether you’re aiming for loose beach waves or tighter curls, the best triple barrel curling iron is key to helping you achieve it. Hair styling can be such a hassle. But if you have a versatile tool and you know how to pick the right barrel size, then you’ll find that styling is not so hard after all.
If you have a 3 barrel curling iron at your disposal, you can come up with a variety of hairstyles with minimal time and effort. But picking from an entire range of options can be tricky. In doing so, it’s best to take note of the features that you need to pay close attention to:
- Style versatility – When it comes to styling, the more versatile your tool is, the better. It would be good to check how many hairstyles you can do with your curling iron. You never know when you’ll need to style your hair a certain way. Also check if the tool has multiple heat settings that are easy to adjust. Versatility ensures that you get value for money. That means you won’t have to get another tool just to achieve another style.
- Barrel size – Your barrel size will determine how loose or how tight your curls are. For free-flowing waves, you’ll need medium-sizes or large barrels that measure about 1-2 inches. If you want tighter curls, you’ll need barrels that are smaller in size.
- Material and durability – You want a curling iron that works best for the type of hair you have. Ceramic irons work really well for fine to medium hair. Irons made of titanium, on the other hand, are best if you have thick and coarse hair. You also get ceramic or titanium layered with tourmaline, which helps reduce frizz.
Best Triple Barrel Curling Iron Reviews: Our Top 8 Picks
Here are some of the best three barrel curler options you can find on the market:
1. Revlon Perfect Heat Jumbo Hair Waver
This Revlon 3 barrel waver is ideal if you want big beach waves, and it’s designed to make styling so much easier for you. The barrels are jumbo in size – about 1 ½ to 2 inches, so the curls you get are jumbo-sized as well.
Those who have tried this Revlon crimper love the quality of its performance, mostly because of the following pros:
- Less frizz – The barrels are made of ceramic and tourmaline. This heating technology seals the moisture in your hair, allowing you to get curls that are shinier and frizz-free.
- Fast heat without the damage – In only 30 seconds, this waver can go as high as 420 degrees Fahrenheit. That means you can style your hair in record time. But even with this heating capability, you need not worry about heat damage and frizz.
- Great volume – If volume is what you’re after, this is a great tool that will help you achieve it. The S waves that you get are beautiful and will last you all day long.
The only con some users have pointed out is that it’s not as lightweight as they want it to be. Nonetheless, it’s easy to use and does the job it’s designed for.
2. Bed Head A Wave We Go Adjustable Hair Waver
With multiple heat settings that go to as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit, this A Wave We Go Hair Waver from Bed Head is the one tool you need to achieve multiple hair styles. Whether you’re going for loose beach waves, a tousled look, or even something more crimped or tight, this tool helps you achieve it.
Anyone who has tried this before has many praises to say about it, especially because of the following:
- Rotating barrel – When you use this styling tool, you can rotate the barrel in order to achieve the exact wave that you want. This gives you a lot of styling flexibility, which is important no matter what hairstyle you’re aiming for.
- Dual voltage for travel convenience – One really cool pro that this has and others don’t is that it has two voltage options. This makes it quite ideal for traveling.
- Auto shut off – This safety feature is important because it gives you so much peace of mind. With the auto shut-off, you don’t have to worry about whether you left the device on or not.
This tourmaline and ceramic barrel is pretty spot on when it comes to your styling needs. But some users have found that it can be a bit bulky at first, especially if you’re used to smaller curling irons. Once you get the hang of this though, it’s truly worth it.
3. Vidal Sassoon 3-in-1 Waver
Style your hair like a professional with this 3-in-1 Waver from Vidal Sassoon’s pro series. It comes with tourmaline ceramic barrels that are interchangeable. This makes it easy for you to achieve either natural, tousled, or defined waves.
The multiple heat settings also ensure that you get the style you want. The the best features that users have been quick to cite as an advantage are:
- Sleek style – This helps you style like a pro. Best of all, it also looks like a tool that your professional hairdresser would have in the salon. It’s sleekly designed and looks like it was made for a pro.
- Dual voltage – Planning to travel anytime soon? If you’re the jet-setter type, then you’ll be glad to know that you can bring this with you wherever you go.
- Great safety features – Aside from the auto shutoff, this tool comes with a heat protective glove that protects you from nasty burns. It also has an indicator light that alerts you when the device is on.
One thing that users have been quick to note is that it does get hot real fast (in just 30 seconds!). But that’s why it has heat protection features. Still, you have to be extra careful.
4. Conair You Wave Ultra Ceramic Styler
This 3-barrel ceramic styler by Conair helps you create beautiful waves that last longer and make you feel as if your hair was styled by a pro.
This one’s really easy to use, and contains many features that users rave about:
- Silky smooth finish – The tourmaline ceramic technology helps you achieve curls that are free from frizz. You can also style your hair without worrying about hot spots and heat damage.
- Safety first – This styler has a lot of built-in safety features. This includes an automatic shut-off feature as well as the protective outer housing, which retains the heat. The indicator lights also help ensure that you always know when the tool is on.
- Fast heat-up – It only takes 30 seconds for the styler to achieve its maximum heat, so you can style your hair in no time at all.
Something you have to note is that this only heats up to 356 degrees Fahrenheit. It might be a bit lower than the temperatures you’re used to, particularly if you have thick or coarse hair that needs higher heat.
5. Hot Tools Professional 3 Barrel Waver
Where To Buy? – Amazon
This high heat 3-barrel waver from Hot Tools is the kind of styling tool you need if you want professional-looking curls. This heavy-duty styling tool is made of gold barrels. But that’s not the only feature that makes users rave about it so much. Some of its most popular features include:
- Precision heating – The three barrels are precision aligned so you get steady and uniform heat. You can also set the temperature that’s perfect for your hair type and the style you want to achieve.
- Better heat retention – The gold barrels ensure that you get faster heat-up but also better heat retention, so the curls you get are longer lasting.
- Comfortable grip – This was ergonomically designed to maximize comfort and ease of use. So you won’t have a hard time styling your hair with this tool. The Marcel handle is easy to grip and will make you feel like a professional hair stylist.
The barrels are about ½-inch each, so this is ideal if you want vintage waves. For those who want loose, beach-like waves, this might not be the ideal tool for you.
6. Pretty Queen 3 Barrel Curling Iron
This 3-barrel curling iron takes 60 seconds to heat up to its full 430-degree heat. It’s made of tourmaline ceramic barrels so you get the soft shiny finish without the unwanted frizz.
Where To Buy? – Amazon
This is a well-loved styling tool by many, especially because of the following pros:
- Easy to use – There’s no need to figure out complicated instructions because this one was made with your convenience in mind. You can easily adjust the temperature and style your hair in the way that you want.
- Energy-saving – The PTC heater helps this tool heat things up in the shortest possible time with the lowest consumption of power. Not only does it make good use of your time, it’s a guaranteed power and energy saver as well.
- Durable and safe to use – The Teflon treatment makes this styling tool resistant to acid and alkali, helping it last longer. This has a safety on indicator light and the handle has good heat insulation as well. So you don’t have to worry about burning yourself accidentally.
Most users are quite satisfied with this styling tool’s performance. However, one factor that needs to be considered is the fact that it is feminine and comes in pink color. Some might view this as a limitation, especially if you want something that looks more neutral or professional.
7. BlueTop 3 Barrel Hair Waver
This 3-barrel hair waver from BlueTop is another winner that will help you achieve your styling goals.
Where To Buy? – Amazon
You get stylish S waves with this one, and users are particularly happy about the following:
- Aluminum alloy material – The barrels are made from aluminum alloy, making this completely harmless to your hair. It basically gives you that perfect wavy and tousled style without you worrying about heat damage.
- Temperature precision on an LCD display – The LCD display makes it easy for you to set your desired temperature. You can do this by pressing the + and – buttons. It goes from 356 degrees to 428 degrees Fahrenheit, so it can get pretty hot if you want it to be.
- Easy and safe operations – There’s a 2.5-meter power cord with a 360-degree rotatable swivel, so it’s easy to maneuver. The skid-proof matt also ensures that you can use this safely.
One limitation of this tool is that it’s jumbo (25mm barrels), so it’s more suited for those with long hair. The pink color is also a limitation for some who are not so fond of it. Others may actually see it as the factor that makes their curling iron unique, helping it stand out from the rest of the normal, boring styling tools.
8. Berta Deep Wave Ceramic Curling Wand
If you want deep wave hair styling in a minute, then this ceramic curling wand is definitely for you. With salon-level heat that you can adjust to fit all kinds of hair, you can get high-definition curls without much effort.
Where To Buy? – Amazon
Users love this about this curling wand:
- Instant heat-up and recovery – Thanks to its professional metal ceramics heat technology, also known as PTC, you get to instantly style your hair and then begin styling another section in as fast as 60 seconds. This makes it possible for you to style an entire head of hair in no time at all.
- Constant temperature – You can be sure that your chosen temperature will remain constant all throughout, and that means you don’t have to worry about ugly heat spots or uneven styling.
- Tangle-free swivel cord – Styling can be tricky especially if your tool is not ergonomically friendly. With this curling wand, you get a tangle-free cord that measures 1.8 meters. It’s capable of doing a 360-degree swivel so you can adjust it as necessary.
Users love this curling wand but some have mentioned that the resulting waves are not as loose or as large as they’d like it to be, so just be aware of that.
How to Use A Triple Barrel Curling Iron
Even if you already have the right tool, you need to know how to use it so you can maximize its functionality. If you’re asking how to use a triple barrel curling iron, there’s not much difference from a regular curling iron. Here are some easy to follow steps:
1. Prepare (and protect) your hair
If possible, wash your hair the day or night before you style it, because it will style better compared to if you wash it right before. After washing it, just let it dry naturally and don’t use a hair dryer, which will subject it to even more heat. It’s also important to apply your choice of heat protection on your hair – whether that’s in the form of a spray, cream, or serum. You can also use a curl enhancer to give your curls more character.
2. Divide your hair into sections
It’s always easier to style hair when you’re working with smaller sections, so keep this in mind. You can start by tying the top half of your hair and securing it with a ponytail or large clip. You can then divide your hair into 1-inch sections. Make sure that the rest of your hair is out of the way when you’re working with a particular section.
3. Clamp and hold
Clamp the triple barrel at the top (closer to the roots) of the section you want to curl. Make sure the hot part of the barrel is at the bottom. If you want tighter curls you can start as close to the roots as possible (without burning your scalp). But if you want loose beach waves you should start lower. Hold the waver in place for only 4 to 5 seconds, then move down the same section of hair to create the same wave.
4. Move around the bottom sections, then upwards
Once you’re done with one section, move it over your shoulder to keep it out of the way. Then work with the rest of the sections one at a time. Don’t use a hair tie or clip on your newly-styled hair if you don’t want it to be crimped. Finish the entire bottom section before you remove the clip from the top half of your hair and curl it in the same way.
5. Finishing touches
You can use light hairspray to set your curls in place but don’t overdo it. If you want a more natural look, you can run your fingers lightly to loosen the waves. Gravity will loosen the waves as time passes.