The Best Deep Wavers for Gorgeous Waves
Styling one’s hair can be a challenge, and sometimes it frustrates people to no end. But if you have the best deep waver at your disposal, you can achieve the soft, playful, beautiful waves that you want. A good quality hair waver will help you in styling no matter what your hair quality is. That means you don’t need to go to a professional salon just to give your hair some added character.
There are many options when it comes to looking for the best hair waver iron. But it’s good to look for these three features:
1. User friendliness
You’re not a professional hairstylist, so it’s important to consider how easy (or how difficult) it is to use. You don’t want to end up spending so many hours just trying to figure it out. Also, check if it comes with an instruction manual and an easy styling guide because this can come in really handy.
2. Materials used and heating technology
Pick a credible brand that has a good reputation among users, but also consider what materials were used to make the deep waver. What is the iron made of? How fast does it heat up? What kind of technology does it use? Is it able to curl your hair without damaging it?
3. Flexibility in curl type
The kind of product you need will usually depend on your hair type. For instance, you’ll need the best deep waver for fine hair if your hair is extra delicate, and this might not work as well if you had thick hair. However, if you can find a deep waver that gives you options in terms of the curl type (i.e. different-sized barrels), then you would have much more flexibility in styling.
Best Deep Waver Reviews
Here are some of the best deep wavers you can find in the market today:
1. Bed Head Wave Artist Deep Waver
This ¾-inch tourmaline ceramic deep waver helps you get beautifully sculpted waves in just a few seconds. All you have to do is clamp a tiny section of your hair in the two deep waver plates, and the heating technology will do its magic. With multiple heat settings, you can use the rheostat dial to pick the heat level that you want, all the way up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Those who have used this before are very happy with how it makes their hair look like afterward, especially because of the following pros:
- Fast heat-up – It only takes 30 seconds for this deep waver to heat up to its full potential, so even if you’re pressed for time, you can easily achieve the full hairstyle you want in under 5 minutes.
- Frizz-free results – The ceramic heating technology helps you achieve beautiful waves without the unwanted frizz. That’s because the heat penetrates your hair from the inside out, locking in the moisture.
- Travel-friendly – You can use this anywhere because of its tangle-free flexi cord and plate-locking switch.
You should consider that this deep waver gives you big, beach waves, and you might have another look in mind. Also, some users have mentioned that you need to be extra careful in using it because it tends to get hot so fast.
2. Hot Tools 2179 Ceramic Tourmaline Ultra Deep Waver
If large, romantic S-waves are what you want, then this deep waver from Hot Tools is a great option for you. Its patented pulse technology helps you achieve your desired waves in the fastest and easiest manner.
Of its wonderful features, we love this the most:
- Flexible – With this tool, you work with two plates (that you can lock with a locking switch) and variable heat settings. You can adjust the heat depending on how thick or thin your hair is and what works best for it.
- Preserves moisture – This is made of ceramic, so you get far-infrared heat that preserves your hair’s natural moisture. The tourmaline also produces ions that will seal your hair’s cuticle, making sure the end result is shiny and frizz-free.
- Safe and easy handling – The swivel cord is 8 feet long, so you get an easy, tangle-free operation just as a professional hair stylist would. The cool tips also make handling so much easier and safer. Once you turn it off, it also cools off pretty fast.
The only thing you should be wary of is that this gets hot (up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit) really fast. You could burn yourself if you aren’t careful. While there’s an easy on-off switch, it would’ve been better if there’s an indicator light that signals if it’s on.
3. Revlon Pro Collection Deep Waver
This Deep Waver from Revlon will make you feel like a professional stylist because of the quality of the waves that it helps you achieve. It comes with a ¾-inch deep groove barrel that allows you to create unique waves.
We are particularly happy about the following pros:
- Superior shine – Every time heat is involved in styling, the issue is always the frizz. You don’t have to worry about that with this deep waver because its ceramic technology gives you shiny, frizz-free results every time.
- Works with various hair lengths – This works well with shorter lengths. The problem with other deep wavers is that they’re more challenging to use with short hair, but you won’t encounter such problem with this one.
- Lightweight – This is the ultimate tool for easy and comfortable styling because of how lightweight it is. Together with its tangle-free swivel cord, this is designed to help you achieve your desired hair style in the easiest manner possible.
Those who have tried this deep waver before definitely recommend it. Perhaps the only limiting factor you have is that it comes in a hot pink color. While this is appealing to some, others might prefer a more neutral look.
4. Andis Gold Ceramic Waver Iron
With variable heat settings that allow you to choose the precise temperature you need for any hair type, the Andis Gold Ceramic Waver Iron is one of the most innovative and versatile deep wavers you can get in the market today.
Here are the features we love:
- Incomparable luster – The clamp-like design and ceramic plates help distribute the heat in an even manner. It also helps preserve moisture that your hair needs to keep its luster and shine.
- Flexible wave sizes/styles – This deep waver allows you to create various types of curls:
- for minimal S-waves, use the shallow side
- for deeper curves, flip the barrel to use the deep side
- for unlimited curl options, go barrel-less and use the rods
- Safety features – The auto shut off is another advantage that this deep waver has over others. It gives you an added safety feature. It also has a closing lock and a swivel cord that’s tangle-free, so styling has never been easier.
While it only takes 30 seconds to heat up, you have to consider that it only goes up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Some users also find it a tad bulkier than other options.
5. Conair Mini You Deep Wave Ceramic Styler
Best deep waver for short hair
This mini hair waver for short hair is ideal if you want tighter beach waves. It’s a mini waver so it’s smaller than most, which makes it ideal for smaller hands and shorter hair.
Its small size doesn’t take away its functionality because it still gives you the ability to produce salon-quality curls. In fact, satisfied users rave about the following pros:
- Protects hair from damage – Because this heats up so fast and has a ceramic heating technology, your hair is protected from heat damage. You get to achieve beautiful curls without the frizz.
- Produces long-lasting waves – This is a 3-barrel deep waver. So the waves you get are really defined and also last longer.
- Comes with an indicator light – The indicator light tells you when the deep waver is on. This added safety feature can help prevent accidents and burns.
The only limiting factor you need to consider is that this is perhaps the best deep waver for short hair. It means that if you were to grow your hair longer, it might not be ideal. It would take much time and effort to use this if you had longer hair. But for short hair, this is the best product you can get.
6. Bed Head Making Waves Ceramic S Waver
This option from Bed Head gives you sexy shiny S waves and looser curls in just a few seconds. It has an instant heat-up ability and fast heat recovery, so styling your hair wouldn’t take much of your time.
The many satisfied users who have tried this before are especially happy about the following:
- Produces softer, frizz-free waves – The ceramic tourmaline technology ensures that even if heat is used, your hair is free from frizz and damage.
- Multiple heat settings – You get to work with multiple heat options which you can easily manage through the rheostat dial.
- Comes with a Power On indicator – There’s a power indicator that lights up when the deep waver is on. This is a handy feature that prevents a lot of safety issues.
The only thing you need to consider is that this tends to give lighter and looser waves, which is fine if that’s the look you’re going for. But if you were aiming for much more defined and deeper waves, then perhaps another option would work better.
7. Hot Tools Salon 3-in-1 Styling Iron
This deep waver from Hot Tools is also a 3-in-1 styling iron, so you can use it to create 3 distinct hair styles. It goes from 280 to 430 degrees Fahrenheit, so it’s quite flexible in meeting various needs.
Where To Buy? – Amazon
Users love this product’s value for money, mostly because of these winning pros:
- Unmatched versatility – The inner plate is reversible and removable. It comes with a booklet that teaches you how to use the barrels for various types of curls. Basically, you can achieve 3 different hair styles:
- Deep waves
- Normal waves
- Any curl of your choice 😉
- Safe to use – This product goes up to 430 degrees so it can get really hot. That’s why it’s great that it has a lot of safety features as well. You get cool tips for safe and easy handling. It also comes with a heat-resistant glove for added protection. The plates can also be locked for safer storage and portability.
Aside from style versatility, it’s important to note that this can be used no matter what your hair length is. The different heat settings also make it ideal for any hair quality – whether you have fine and delicate hair or really thick locks.
The only thing is that this is not dual voltage, but it does give you a lot of versatility for the look you want to achieve.
How to Use Your Deep Waver
Once you’ve chosen the deep waver that’s ideal for your hair type and the style you want to achieve, the next step is to understand how to use it. Most deep wavers are easy to use because the point is to make styling easy for you even if you’re not a professional stylist. In asking how to use a deep waver, these are the general steps to follow:
1. Decide what look you want and use the appropriate settings.
Before anything else, you need to make sure that you have the right kind of deep waver for the look you want to achieve. If you have a versatile type then that’s good. But even then you need to know which side of the plates to use for either a loose curl or a deep wave.
You should also understand what heat setting to use depending on how thin or thick your hair is. The general rule is that the thicker your hair, the higher the heat needs to be. Don’t make the mistake of using high heat on delicate hair. This is why you need to set the temperature control properly before you begin.
2. Prepare your hair accordingly.
It’s always better to use a heat protectant before applying any kind of heat to your hair. It’s important especially if you plan to curl your hair regularly. Heat damage is something you need to be wary of, even if your deep waver has an advanced heating technology. Aside from protecting your hair, you also need to protect yourself by using heat protective gloves.
Also, when it comes to styling, it’s always easier if your hair is already divided into sections. You will achieve more defined curls if you work on it one section at a time. It also helps make your hair style more even. So once you have all the settings figured out, divide your hair into sections and go from there.
3. Clamp the sections between the plates/barrels.
Starting from the roots, you can then clamp a small section of hair between the barrels. If you want your curls to be even more defined, you can also choose to twist your hair before clamping it.
4. Hold for a few seconds.
It’s important not to overdo styling, especially because you’re working with really high heat. You don’t want to end up damaging your hair. Once you clamp it, you have to hold it there for just a few seconds and not for too long. After clamping it, release and work with the next section of hair.
5. Enjoy your waves.
If you have a good quality deep waver, your curls will last long even without the help of hair spray. After styling, you need to allow it set. Avoid running your fingers through it unless you want to break the curls a bit. More importantly, enjoy your work of art and wear your hairstyle with confidence.
While this is not exactly a step that you need to think about when using your deep waver, you also need to consider safety. Some deep wavers have a power indicator light. This ensures that you’re reminded to turn it off, but for others, you need to be proactive. You have to remember that some deep wavers go as high as 430 degrees. That could cause accidents if you forget to turn it off. The auto shutoff function on others could also come in handy for this.
To ensure that your deep waver lasts long, you should also make sure you store it properly. Lock the plates if possible (some deep wavers have this mechanism). If you’re traveling, it’s best if you keep it in its own portable bag. Make sure you take note of voltage requirements and limitations.